Prepare for Canadian Driving Test(s)
Test Your Rage
FREE Driving Test For Every Province
Prince Edward Island
Change Province Selection
) / Prince Edward Island 5L Driving Rules Simulated Test
Prince Edward Island 5L License Test
Restart the test
(New set of question every time)
1 - What do double solid pavement markings mean?
1. No vehicles may pass in either direction
2. Vehicles travelling on the right may pass when the way is clear
3. Vehicles travelling on the left may pass when the way is clear
4. Both vehicles may pass in either direction when the way is clear
2 - How long must new drivers hold a Class G1 license before their G1 Road Test?
1. 3 months
2. 12 months
3. 9 months
4. 2 years
3 - When you come to a railway crossing, there are flashing signal lights, what must you do?
1. Continue slowly because flashing lights are only a warning to drive slow
2. Stop and then proceed slowly across the tracks
3. Stop and wait for the signal lights to stop flashing
4. Drive around the gate or barrier to avoid getting stuck on the tracks
4 - If there are continuity lines to the right of your vehicle in the lane you are in what must you do?
1. You must merge with the traffic to your left
2. You are not required to do anything unless you want to exit. Your lane is unaffected
3. You must turn into another lane as your lane is exiting or ending
4. You must merge with the traffic to your right
5 - What are passing or climbing lanes for?
1. They help thin out traffic by providing an extra line
2. They allow for slower vehicles to move into the right lane so faster ones can pass on the left
3. They allow for frequent stops and a rest area ahead
4. They are for vehicles that have trouble climbing hills
6 - How much time do you have to surrender your license, vehicle permit (or copy) and insurance when asked by a police officer?
2. Within 12 hours
3. Within 24 hours
4. You do not have to, they will look you up in the system
7 - As a buyer of a privately used vehicle what must you get from the seller?
1. A bill of sale
2. The seller's driver's licence
3. A Used Vehicle Information Package
4. The seller's licence plates and permit
8 - What should you do if you encounter dangerous whiteout conditions?
1. Maintain speed and turn on your emergency flashers
2. Turn on the emergency flashers and pull off the road completeply into a safe parking area
3. Pass vehicles that are moving too slowly or following too closely
4. Pull onto the shoulder and wait for conditions to change
9 - What are you not allowed to do when you have your G1 license?
1. Drive on roads with speeds greater than 100 m/h; drive between midnight and 5:00 a.m.
2. Drive on roads with speeds greater than 80 m/h; drive between midnight and 5:00 a.m.
3. Drive on roads with speeds greater than 80 m/h; drive between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
4. Drive on roads with speeds greater than 100 m/h; drive between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
10 - High Occupancy Vehicle lanes on provincial highways are reserved for vehicles carrying at least how many passengers?
1. The driver plus 1 other passenger for a total of 2
2. The driver plus 2 other passengers for a total of 3
3. The driver plus 3 other passengers for a total of 4
4. The driver plus 4 other passengers for a total of 5
11 - What is black ice?
1. When asphalt has a thinn layer of ice on it
2. When ice is mixed with snow
3. When snow is mixed with mud and freezes
4. When newly paved roads are wet
12 - Wehicle tires are critical for safety and they must meet which of the following standards?
1. Have a minimum tread of 1.5 mm
2. Match on all 4 wheels as some combinations are illegal
3. Not have any knots, exposed cords, bumps, bulges, etc., making them unsafe
4. All of the above
13 - If you refuse a police roadside blood alchohol screening test what can happen?
1. You have the option of going to the police station and taking a breathalyzer test
2. Your licence will be suspended and you can face criminal charges
3. You get a warning that will go on your record and you cannot refure when asked next time
4. You have 24 hours to show up for a test
14 - It is illegal to not stop behind a stopped school bus with alternating flashing red lights. If you do not stop, what can happen?
1. You can be fined $50-$150
2. You can be fined $400-$2000
3. You can be fined $2000-$30000
4. You may fined for the first offence depening on Officer; you will only receive a warning
15 - What does vehicle registration include?
1. Obtaining your G1 licence
2. Licence plates and a vehicle permit
3. Obtaining your G2 licence
4. None of the above
16 - If driving and your brakes fail what should you do?
1. Sound horn and steer into a clear area
2. Turn off the ignition
3. Keep your foot on the brake and apply strong downward pressure
4. Pump the brakes to restore hydraulic brake pressure
17 - Coming to a complete stop at an intersection is required, but where do you stop if there is no stop line, crosswalk or sidewalk?
1. You stop right beside the stop sign
2. You stop right before the stop sign
3. You stop at the edge of the intersection
4. You stop a little into the intersection so that you can see the traffic and pedestrians
18 - What is the best way to check your blind spots?
1. Through your side mirrors
2. Through your rear-view mirrors
3. Turning your head and doing shoulder checks
4. Asking your passengers to check for you
19 - If the cyclist is holding his arm straight out on his left side what does it mean ?
1. Cyclist is about to stop
2. Cyclist wants to turn left
3. Cyclist needs to turn right
4. Cyclist is about to slow down
20 - If you are turning left at an uncontrolled intersection and a pedestrian is crossing your path, who has the right-of-way?
1. You do. Come to a complete stop and make your turn
2. Any other car at the intersection that is turning a right
3. Whoever is more in a hurry goes first
4. You must yield the right-of-way to approaching traffic and/or to pedestrians crossing
© 2018. FreeG1Test.com All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us
© 2018. FreeG1Test.com All Rights Reserved.